Best Used 4WD Vehicles Under $20K for Winter
When the snow and ice hit, drivers are either thankful they’re in a 4WD vehicle or they wish they were. Having 4WD is critical to navigating difficult terrain, even when the weather is behaving. Here are four of the top used 4WD vehicles under $20,000 for winter.
1. 2013-2017 Buick Enclave
The Buick Enclave is a luxurious midsize crossover vehicle with practical third-row seating and usable leg room. Few three-row, 4WD luxury SUVs can make such a statement. With its large, well-appointed interior and a powerful V6 engine, a used Enclave has the drive you need at a price you can afford.
Highlights of the Buick Enclave include:
- Standard power lift gate
- Extended cargo space
- V6 engine
- Extra roomy seating compared to other vehicles in its class
2. 2015-2019 Ford Fusion
Many moderate to luxury midsize sedans now have 4WD capabilities, and the Ford Fusion has been among these elite class of vehicles for years. It features reliable engine choices, a spacious cabin interior, and practical technology, making a used Fusion terrific deal.
Highlights of the Ford Fusion include:
- Intelligent All-Wheel Drive on some models
- Sportier sedan look with great traction in the ice and snow
- Higher fuel efficiency than similar vehicles of its kind
- Wide range of superior safety features
3. 2015-2018 Jeep Renegade
A 4WD Jeep Renegade is a solid choice for a compact but capable off-road vehicle with plenty of versatility. Despite its small size, this crossover has the off-road prowess to match its Jeep pedigree. It also features a terrific entertainment system and is also perfect for regular road use.
Highlights of the Jeep Renegade include:
- 9-speed automatic transmission
- 177 horsepower from the Renegade’s 1.3-liter direct-injection turbocharged engine
- Great performance from an introductory SUV
4. 2015-2019 Subaru Outback
From its robust 4WD capabilities to its sporty look, the Subaru Outback has a lot to offer. Every model comes standard with a large cargo compartment, high ground clearance, and spacious, comfy seats. This vehicle is a great choice for families that need the extra space for extracurricular activities and perhaps like to go camping on the weekends.
Highlights of the Subaru Outback include:
- Advanced safety features and top safety scores for SUVs of its class
- Higher-than-average visibility
- Lower cargo and roof loading heights for convenience
- Updated steering wheel and center console designs
Used 4WD vehicles don’t have to be expensive to be reliable on tough terrain, especially during the winter when there’s snow and ice making the roads a little more dangerous. Be safe; test drive a 4WD vehicle under $20k today.