Electric vehicles are powered at least to some degree by electricity. Electric cars employ an electric motor fueled by energy from a fuel cell or batteries instead of a diesel or gasoline-powered engine. In the past, electric vehicles were financially unattainable for many drivers but have become more affordable over the years.
Here’s our list of the best electric cars of 2021 under $60,000.
1. Tesla Model 3
The Tesla Model 3 is one of the bestselling battery-powered vehicles to date and tends to hold its resale value much longer than ordinary vehicles. The car seats five and is a great option for singles, couples, and small families looking to invest in a luxury electric vehicle. It features a minimalist interior with high-quality materials, a distinctly designed cabin, and a dual motor setup. Highlights of the Tesla Model 3 include:
- Excellent driving range
- Rapid acceleration
- All-wheel drive
- Fast charging
- Robust cargo space
- Unparalleled safety features
- Industry-leading fuel economy
The Tesla Model 3 starts at about $40,000, with a Long Range version under $50,000, and the Performance model starting at $57,000.
2. Kia Niro EV
The Kia Niro EV is one of the leading newer electric vehicle brands with an astonishing estimated driving range, technologically advanced hardware and device compatibility, and versatile options for charging. Heated seats placed higher up in the vehicle gives drivers increased confidence and creates a more enjoyable driving experience.
Highlights of the Kia Niro EV include:
- Advanced safety features
- Excellent dependability and affordability
- HOV lane access in some states
- Over 230-mile range with a full battery
- Two available trims
- Touchscreen display and navigation system
- Named Best Ownership Experience among Mass Market Battery Electric Vehicles by JD Power
The Kia Niro EV starts at about $40,000.
3. Chevrolet Bolt EV
The Chevrolet Bolt EV seats 5 and accommodates 57 cubic feet of cargo when the rear bench seat is folded down. This not-quite-a-car, not-quite-an-SUV looks like it could fly and after reaching 60 mph in just a few seconds from acceleration, it might as well. Highlights of the Chevrolet Bolt EV include:
- Futuristic exterior design
- Seamless technology integration and connectivity
- One-pedal acceleration and brake system
- Access to over 40,000 public charging stations
- Driver assistance
- Luxury-inspired interior cabin
- Comfortable leather upholstery
- Responsive charging
- Robust leg room for rear passengers
The Chevrolet Bolt EV starts at about $31,000.
4. Nissan LEAF
The Nissan LEAF is another affordable midsize electric sedan with a shocking range topping nearly 230 miles per full charge. It offers 100% electric drivetrain with absolutely no tailpipe emissions or gasoline usage and smooth handling with reduced body roll. One pedal driving allows for improved efficiency, while a backup brake pedal provides a sense of safety.
Highlights of the Nissan LEAF include:
- Oversized lithium-ion battery
- Zero oil changes needed
- Less maintenance required without timing belts, spark plugs, etc.
- Automatic emergency braking system with Pedestrian Detection
- Automatic rear braking
- Blind spot and lane departure warnings
- Heated steering wheel and front seats
The Nissan LEAF starts at about $28,000.
Purchasing a new electric car can be both exciting and nerve-wracking. Getting a good deal doesn’t have to be rocket science though when you know what you’re looking for.
Are you ready to have your new vehicle shipped? Contact us today for a free car shipping quote and see for yourself what clients have to say about our superior customer service and reliable automobile delivery.